AND
it's also been long since i last took a module that i actually liked, with assignments that i actually enjoy doing - writing a food journal!
I know i know, i've been travelling far and wide, to the ends of the earth, and i have neglected this blog naturally, and of course, stopped cooking at home altogether. But needless to say, i'm a travel-holic and i constantly get inspired by the places i visit and naturally, into the food i cook.
Ever since coming back from China, which i must say, was so gorgeous, i needed a quick fix plan for DETOX.
Out of the 2 weeks there, we only managed to find good decent western food, (and WESTERN FOOD IS BY NO MEANS MACDONALS OR KFC CRAP), while the rest of the days spent there were ingesting oily and spicy and meaty dumplings, baos, steamboats, noodles, barbeque etc
and trust me, when you go to the province of Yunnan, the spice literally numbs your lips becuase the peppercorns are EVERYWHERE. I mean, very generously thrown into your soup.
Of course, I am Chinese, I am proud to be Chinese, i do love Chinese food. But sometimes my biological body hinders me from the sensory pleasures i get out of the food in China. First few days of food tasting was one of the best experiences, till of course, the constipation sets in.
( But please note that i am still missing China a lot, even drifting off occassionally in the midst of lectures thinking of my next travel plan, next get $$$ plan)
Back to food of course,
I've tried searching for recipes online for DETOX diets, but all i found were bland and boring recipes that sounded really depressing and to me: an instant failed detox plan
I mean come on just orange juice/ apple juice for the whole day?
i needed to spice things up; so here's what i came up with. Maybe you've seen it on a recipe before? i don't know, but i'll claim it, it's my blog. hahah
So, start with
1. good blender
2. frozen blueberries
3. Yoghurt
4. Ice
5. Honey
I call this recipe; the DETOX SMOOTHIE
basically, you can freestyle, put as many berries as you want (of course the more the merrier), put as must yoghurt as you want, put any type of berries, put any type of yoghurt, its all up to you.
You can also control the smoothie consistency with the amount of ice you put.
These are some very unprofessional, out-of-bed pictures that i quickly snapped before the trip to the gym in the morn.
Who says food is all about eating?

1 comment:
this looks quite healthy and yummy!!
Post a Comment