I got this from Olive's blog and i think i must share this with everybody because it brought back so much memories and experiences about Yunnan for me.
This video is about a Singaporean lady called Fang Fang who has been staying alone in Yunnan for 3-6 years to help improve the lives of the villagers. The show is also available in a book form that collates all the amazing things that Singaporeans are doing all over the world. The host Belinda Lee covers places such as Iceland, China, India and many others.
I think Siew Lee has the book and i remember her telling me how amazing it was. After watching the video, i really have renewed admiration for not only Belinda Lee as a host, the tv crew, and the Singaporeans who are actually featured in the show.
This episode on Yunnan is especially meaningful for me. Although it gladdens my heart to know of Fang Fang and what she is doing there, it is heartbreaking for me to also know how much more help she needs there, and to know how cowardly i am as a person because i will never be as bold as Fang Fang, to re-locate and dedicate my life to another group other than my own community.
Nevertheless, i think it is worth watching this episode and reflect upon our own lives and how much we have given to serve the people around us and how far we are willing to go to serve them.
If you want to know about the other places that the show covers, you can find it at their website here.
1 comment:
Was the author very convincing, or did he miss a few points? Care to share?
This is a clear example of a harmless meaningless post, so why delete it, mr Moderator?
I haven't launched my website yet, but my mom say I have the skills. I want it to look like yours, care to share any tips?
It's not a good idea to make me upset, and when my comments get removed I get really sad.
Confucius say: Chemist who fall in acid, absorbed in work.
Post a Comment