Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sorry i havent been blogging for so long, not feeling the best of best lately.

These image and self-esteem issues have really been screwing my brain up. It's such a pressure in our local community to look good, eat healthy, be skinny-minny. Basically, to just make a decent living. I mean, honestly, who'll give you a damn job in future, or give a crap about you, if you dont look presentable. Because first-impressions matter so much, translating to looking good, or at least pleasing the eye.

Look, if you've got a unibrow, how is anybody going to concentrate working with you, without having a major distracting urge to get you to pluck them proper?

If you've got a major belly that looks like a baby bump, your colleagues wouldn't congratulate you when you are REALLY pregnant.

If you've got unkempt hair or desert-dry hair, one day, you'll going lose a business deal because of it and nobody would be surprised to why you're suicidal.

In hollywood, celebs practically eat, live, shop, shit, looking PERFECT. Models in the fashion industry look so damn perfect strutting down the runway and in photoshoots. HOW DO THEY DO IT. HOW DO THEY LIVE THROUGH THAT CULTURE.

I don't want to sound pathetic or anything, but i really admire Britney Spears. The fact that she hasn't committed suicide or asphyxiated her kids yet just amazes me. How does she deal with all the 24/7 media and scrutiny and her every action and outing??? Seems like i would have long committed suicide if i were in Hollywood.

Unless, you are freaking perfect OR you are the prettiest person alive ORRR you are the hottest person alive, I don't think anyone can disagree with me. Because the only two responses you'd have is to go 1. Yaaaa, i feel the same way. OR 2. Shit, i feel worse about myself too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ELIZ! ahyoh. havent seen you in a long time. anyway, dont be crazy okay. you look great!! and you should stop looking at too many (female, haha! )models cause its so depressing i know ! take care okay. love!
jen :D

Geraldine said...

Omg can I say something!

1. I did not even think about any one of the suggested responses you gave!

2. I disagree with you! D:

3. Nobody can ever be the hottest/prettiest around because everything is so subjective but not everybody's committing suicide!

4. I do agree that first impressions and outward appearances are very important but YOU OF ALL PEOPLE ELIZABETH SHOULD NOT EVEN BE WORRYING ABOUT THIS because you are (how the hell do I put this across without sounding wrong) SPECIAL and special people are irreplaceable and I wouldn't want stinkin' Kate Moss in your place even ):

And how is it that you don't know that most of everybody I know thinks you're very pretty in that different way? Haha. Btw Hui Ping and I call you the Topshop girl because we reckon you'll be able to pull off even some of the rubbish we manage to find there sometimes and trust me that's a compliment in the highest sense because almost nobody can pull off the weird Topshop stuff they sometimes have.

Anonymous said...

wth i seriously can't believe you're complaining you're fat still. -.-

I dont disagree with you anyhow.
I disagree with the media.

Celebrities have shitty meals actually. They can't eat good food unless its like once a year. They just dont show it to you.

fat women in harem paintings were beautiful what!

And you should really stop thinking that way la bird, it makes you lose your class. ):

I still love you very much if I ever find a calling to undergo a sex change i'll marry you okay? Promise I'll give you a good life!