"Near To You"
He and I had something beautiful
But so dysfunctional, it couldn't last
I loved him so but I let him go
'Cause I knew he'd never love me back
Such pain as this
Shouldn't have to be experienced
I'm still reeling from the loss,
Still a little bit delirious
Near to you, I am healing
But it's taking so long
'Cause though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on
Yet, I'm better near to you.
You and I have something different
And I'm enjoying it cautiously
I'm battle scarred, I am working oh so hard
To get back to who I used to be
He's disappearing
Fading subtly
I'm so close to being yours
Won't you stay with me
Please
Near to you, I am healing
But it's taking so long
'Cause though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on
Yet, I'm better near to you.
I only know that I am
Better where you are
I only know that I am
Better where you are
I only know that I belong
Where you are
Near to you, I am healing
But it's taking so long
Though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on
Near to you, I am healing
But it's taking so long
'Cause though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on
Yet, I'm better near to you.
Yet, I'm better near to you.
- A Fine Frenzy
Sometimes, this is a classic example to why i need harder thumping music with meaningless lyrics and screaming, screechy voices to facilitate studying.
Im not a person who listens to music for their lyrical meaning, and neither am i a person that reflects on the lyrical meaning of the song, but this song, this song was just horrible.
Although i'd never want to relate to this situation, i understand it's reality and the possibility.
Can a person, heartbroken from a relationship remain treasured only as a platonic friend and go on working on a new relationship?
"Rebound" is such a taboo word, and it's so quick to label someone as being such a bitch, or making use of the other party to get over the previous relationship. But it's a process of self-discovery that "near to you, i am healing. But it's taking too long" and "although it's hard to move on, Yet, i'm better near to you".
Yet, it can be so painful and agonizing because only when you look back in retrospect, that you realize, "oh, he was perfect for me and we had something beautiful", but i have to move on.
Is it possible to stay happy with a person, when you know he is not that one perfect for you?
or,
Is it possible to stay happy with the "second best" and make him perfect for you?
Everything just sounds too cold-hearted to deal with, sometimes i really do think, being single is the best choice.
Oh, how the government would despise people with my mindset, begging to differ from the "beautifully" painted image of "the perfect Singaporean family".
Someone please try to convince me otherwise.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Valentine's Day :)
Post a Comment